Burn with Airway Involvement: PFC Case Discussion 5
A U.S. service member sustains deep partial thickness burns to both arms and the chest while burning the trash…
- Is the ISR Clinical Practice Guideline and included worksheet ready and available to use?
- Will you recognize this as a life threatening burn requiring calculated fluid therapy?
- Do you understand what the fluid of choice is?
- Will you call for help early?
- At what point will you take control of the airway?
- How will you care for the airway to prevent complications?
- If you brought a ventilator what settings will you use?
- What other nursing precautions should be taken?
- What is the pain control or sedation strategy for 24 hours or longer?
- Do you have a plan to measure UOP?
- Are you ready to place a Foley?
- How does an escharotomy go again?
- How will the injuries and interventions affect transport?
- How will you relay critical information to the next medic or receiving burn team?